Sunday 8 March 2009


Wegen Trimus 250




3mm Jim Dunlop Big Stubby



Red Bear Trading Type D Heavy

These picks are my non standard picks, my normal being a Jim Dunlop Tortex 1.0mm. The Wegen pick I only use for Freddie Green style rhythm I have got thicker version but they are just too thick, I think they are really 'Gypsy Jazz' picks. The 3mm Big Stubby has come up blue on the picture but actually they are purple/mauve. These are good for single line work but not a 'strumming' pick I think they have to be held in a certain way otherwise they 'click', stay clear of any limp wrist actions.

The Red Bear pick is my favourite it has a very neutral sound with a excellent feel and is good for single line, double stops and rhythm comping.

Wegen Picks

http://www.tortispicks.co.uk/

Jim Dunlop
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment