Tuesday 10 March 2009



These strings are my favourites for all areas of jazz EXCEPT Freddie Green comping. For Freddie style rhythm you need roundwound bronze strings on an acoustic F hole guitar.

TI (Thomastik-Infeld) do a number of gauges in the George Benson range. I have used the 114 set but prefer these being slightly lighter. These are still pretty heavy by non jazz standards. These have a very good jazz sound with a very even feel and last ages. I have found these strings very consistent pack to pack with no dead spots so far using my L5.

I think if you play a lot you have to watch very heavy strings as I think there is a risk of what I call 'fuzzy fingers', but generally bad posture could be to blame as well, not to mention too many bacon sarnies and a general prefernce for butter. I have pondered cutting that stuff out and investigating the Alexander technique but you know how it is.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment